Skip to main content

Welcome to our FAQ section for Two Factor Authentication. Here, you'll find answers to common questions about how our TFA system works, helping you navigate and utilize Investorlift Admin more effectively.

1. What is TFA?

Two-Factor Authentication (TFA) is an extra layer of security used to protect online accounts beyond just a username and password. It requires two different types of verification to confirm a user's identity, making it much harder for unauthorized users to gain access, even if they know your password.

1. Why do I have to set up TFA on my account?

Setting up Two-Factor Authentication on your account is crucial because it adds an extra layer of security, protecting against unauthorized access even if your password is compromised. By requiring not just a password but also a second factor, like a code, TFA significantly reduces the risk of account takeovers, data breaches, and identity theft. As cyber threats grow, 2FA helps ensure that even if your credentials are exposed, your accounts remain secure, making it an essential step in protecting your online presence.

1. How can I set up TFA?

You can set up TFA by clicking on “My Profile” and then selecting “TFA.” From there, click on “Select TFA Method.” You can choose between SMS and an authenticator app, like Google Authenticator, to complete the setup.

AD_4nXcD5RKFD3_fPirIVyIDjbd7c3jsbFTohaVhPiNV9eAutAtRZljxrt55WjDVN270i7T3nX87-i_EEJPH-uBlILKaZs843cKPsiGTmUGgDY2tBe-aQxu0WSJV3QQ_9kwxrLHmC6kRhBwKW4uWUvZZC9jp3NqM?key=atznCT4g_tkj4ygbvw8VZg

AD_4nXdM7o8W4luwGtItNA-DHG5PIBrSdxY9v_iEwvkExZvJupdi3Wb6g-x9G8ajQF9wMs6UYmjoOsILTWaAegrMFLmz96N78fS3xkzCplHbKmt3HsEcRw7hgwtl3LUK0t68HUs_DYOlebdo2AaROZLdE5qRwRVz?key=atznCT4g_tkj4ygbvw8VZg

1. What type of phone number can receive the SMS TFA code?

To receive the SMS Two-Factor Authentication (TFA) code, you should use a standard mobile phone number rather than a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone number. The system cannot send the code to VoIP numbers, so using a traditional mobile number is essential.

1. How can I set up TFA with the Google Authenticator App?

To set up TFA using the Google Authenticator App, go to “My Profile” and then “TFA.” Click on “Select TFA Method” and choose the TOTP App option (Authy or Google Authenticator). A QR code will appear; open the Google Authenticator app, tap the + symbol, and select “Scan QR code.” Scan the QR code, then enter the 6-digit code generated in the app into the platform’s Verification Code field. Click “Save Profile” to complete the setup.

AD_4nXcXG9nCdZANKcS9ueSd1y-9a8YMvtwqjdcd97F_X7I2WTMRkzphzeXIxqfk2rttpR4Uu3ss6ch1pRMjjrruxSFv_qrYYk1vLmuR7qDlRu96nBI-jtnV-_njai0H_hnIyI2sYkwWM8W2zvxRvA_OoUXBlAsC?key=atznCT4g_tkj4ygbvw8VZg

AD_4nXewjCe12TeKP4_c_3oBoXRgB_JeQdVETzq7Xe0YoNKwByZMfrRtDC7yKaT4ubQ3KffEGvs9cdIRUvVf4Te8MSO2yufu_kV6fj2GMje8tKVlh5VtYjGC9YNJMm6k1_d3XKw-EMte_E4_fIiWrlusKs2MpzVR?key=atznCT4g_tkj4ygbvw8VZg

1. What are one-time codes?

One-time codes are temporary, single-use codes that provide an additional layer of security for accessing accounts or verifying transactions. They are generated dynamically and expire after a short period, making them a secure way to verify your identity.

1. What do I do when I have used all the one-time codes?

If you have used all your one-time codes, you can regenerate new ones. To do so, access your account, click on “My Profile,” then “TFA,” and select the “Regenerate Codes” option.

This guide should help you understand and set up TFA, ensuring your accounts remain secure and protected against unauthorized access.

Be the first to reply!